Amos Maritan is Professor of Statistical Physics at the University of Padova, Italy. His main research interests are in the statistical mechanics of out-of-equilibrium systems, with interdisciplinary applications ranging from the physics of biopolymers to Ecology and Biogeography.
- Office: Room 328, Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia "Galileo Galilei"
- Phone: +39 049 827 7175
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Professor of Physics, University of Padova – Italy (2003 - )
- Full Professor of Physics, SISSA Trieste – Italy (1994 -2003)
- Associate Professor of Physics, University of Padova – Italy (1991 - 1994)
- Associate Professor of Physics, University of Bari – Italy (1987 - 2001)
- Research Associate of Physics, University of Padova – Italy (1983 - 1987)
- Physics degree at the University of Padova (1979)
- Ph.D. in Physics at SISSA, Trieste (1983)
- Dean of the School of Excellence “Scuola Galileiana di Studi Superiori”, Padova – Italy (2004 - )
- Scientific consultant at ICTP, Trieste – Italy (1997-2003)
- Correspondent resident member of “Istituto Veneto di Lettere Scienze ed Arti” (2006 - ).
About 34 PhD students, 40 undergraduate students and 17 Post-docs.
307 original publications in refereed journals including 13 in Nature, 3 in Science, 23 in Proceedings of the National Academy of the United States, 53 in Physical Review Letters, 2 in Review of Modern Physics, 30 in Physical Review E, 12 in Journal of Statistical Physics, 12 in Journal of Chemical physics, 27 in Journal of Physics A-Mathematical and General, and many additional publications in peer-reviewed journals